Toboganning is a winter tradition around Manitoba.
Since we are kind of stuck with winter several months of the year, you may as well send yourself hurtling down the side of a hill for fun! There are several places to go sledding. But make sure you are careful – hitting some bumps or ice can be pretty painful and there have definitely been some injuries. Wear your puffiest snowsuit and take care!
Update: Many city/municipal spaces are closed during COVID code red restrictions.
These are city-run facilities. You can check the city’s website to see which are open or closed.
- Civic Park, 901 Kimberley Avenue – no lighting, no warmup shelter
- Victoria Jason Park, 255 Redonda Street – no lighting, no warmup shelter
- Crescent Drive Park, 781 Crescent Drive. – night lighting and washroom available
- Kildonan Park, 2015 Main Street (2 slides) – night lighting and washroom available
- Bunn’s Creek Park, 365 McIvor Avenue (1 slide) – night lighting and warmup with washroom (No attendant on Monday or Tuesday)
- St. Vital Park, 190 River Road (2 slides) – night lighting and warmup with washroom
- Fraser’s Grove Park, 85 Fraser’s Grove (1 slide) – night lighting and warmup shelter
- Whittier Park, 869 rue St. Joseph North (2 slides in park available during Festival du Voyageur)
OTHER HILLS (NOT CITY RUN)
- Harbourview Park & Recreation Complex at 1867 Springfield Rd.
- Westview Park (Garbage Hill) at 1 Midland St.
- Fort Whyte Alive Winter Slide
- The Forks (Pictured in featured photo on this page)
- Assiniboine Park
- Vallleyview Bible Camp Tubing Hill – Located west of Portage la Prairie
- Adam Lake
- Spruce Woods Provincial Park
- Neepawa-Langford Winter Park
- Hanbury Hill, 600 Braecrest Drive – Sir Winston Churchill Park
- North End Community Park – 52-14th Street North, Parkdale Park behind Parkdale Drive and Durum Drive
- Rideau Park 305 Park Street
- Sugar Bowl 34th Street & Cherry Crescent
- Wheat City Golf Course 3500 McDonald Avenue
- Abe’s Hill – L.A. Barkman Kinsmen Park,
- A.D. Penner Park by the Aquatic Centre
- Winkler’s Parkland